Roslyn (Roz) Hennessey
Senior Study Director
Roslyn Hennessey is a project director with more than 25 years of experience in developing, implementing, and coordinating research protocols. At Westat, she serves as project director/senior project manager for the NCCIH Clinical Studies Monitoring Service contract and supports pharmacovigilance activities in the Westat Regulatory Affairs Department.
In her current role, she is responsible for overall project staffing, resource management, quality standards, contractual compliance and budget management as well as overseeing day-to-day project activities. She communicates with the NCCIH and internal staff about project issues and works with them to resolve identified problems.
In her prior experience, Ms. Hennessey served as physician assistant in family medicine and as a research assistant for several medical centers, where she provided acute and long-term medical management, managed and coordinated inhalation toxicology experiments, and performed a variety of analytic assays.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Frenkel, L.M., Leavitt Morrison, R., Fuller, T.L., Isabel Gouvêa, M., de Lourdes Benamor Teixeira, M., Coombs, R.W., Shapiro, D.E., Mirochnick, M., Hennessey, R., Whitson, K., Chaktoura, N., and João, E.C. (2021). Vaginal Viral Shedding with Undetectable Plasma HIV Viral Load in Pregnant Women Receiving Two Different Antiretroviral Regimens: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. doi: 10.1097/qai.0000000000002771 PMID: 34369908
- Esaú C João, R Leavitt Morrison, David E Shapiro, Nahida Chakhtoura, et. al, and Roslyn Hennessey (2020). Raltegravir versus efavirenz in antiretroviral-naive pregnant women living with HIV (NICHD P1081): an open-label, randomised, controlled, phase 4 trial. The Lancet HIV, 7(5), E322-E331. Available at: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhiv/article/PIIS2352-3018(20)30038-2/fulltext. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2352-3018(20)30038-2
- Kopycka-Kedzierawski, D.T., Cacciato, R., Hennessey, R., Meyerowitz, C., Litaker, M.S., Heft, M.W., Johnson, K.S., Reyes, S.C., Johnson, J.D., Baltuck, C.T., and Gilbert, G.H. (2019). Electronic and paper mode of data capture when assessing patient-reported outcomes in the National Dental Practice-Based Research Network. Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry, 10(4), e12427. doi: 10.1111/jicd.12427 PMID: 31155859
- Arevalo, C.H., and Hennessey, R. (2021, September). Let us in! Accessing electronic medical records for site monitoring: A CRO’s perspective (poster). Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) Meeting, Virtual.
- Hennessey, R., and Arevalo, C.H. (2020, October). To peer or not to peer review: The use of peer review as part of quality management for site monitoring visit reports (lecture presenter). Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) Meeting, Virtual.
- Hennessey, R. (2019, April). ALCOA-C redefined: Writing effective site monitoring visit reports (lecture presenter). Association of Clinical Research Professionals Meeting, Nashville, TN.
- Hennessey, R., and Arevalo, B. (2018, September). GCP compliance challenges in complementary and alternative medicine trials (poster discussant). Society of Clinical Research Associates Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
MS, Physician Assistant Program, George Washington University
BS, Chemistry, Marymount College