Ms. Wolbach is a project director with more than 25 years of project management experience on a variety of research projects. Her clinical experience includes managing Westat’s work as the Administrating Coordinating Center (ACC) under the NHLBI Global Health Initiative network, which focused on the development of clinical research infrastructure and research training, as well as research on new or improved approaches, programs, and measures to prevent or treat chronic cardiovascular and pulmonary disease.
Ms. Wolbach currently manages Westat’s work on the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Cohort Study (PHACS). She is responsible for project operations including the development and maintenance of protocol documents; clinical site monitoring; regulatory support and protocol registration activities; planning and coordinating network meetings; and recruitment and support of the PHACS Community Advisory Board.
Ms. Wolbach served as the project manager for three commercial studies to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a study drug in treatment-experienced patients infected with multidrug-resistant HIV-1 (registration trial, expanded access trial, and experimental administration of the study drug), and as the project director for a large international study for a pharmaceutical company to demonstrate the efficacy of study drug in immunocompromised patients with parainfluenza infection. She also managed this same client’s COVID-19 sub-study.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Dianis, N., Wolbach, T., and Spiegelman, M. (2016). The NHLBI–UnitedHealth Global Health Centers of Excellence Program: Assessment of impact of Federal funding through a social network analysis. Global Heart, 11(1), 145-148. doi: 10.1016/j.gheart.2015.12.006 PMID: 27102034
- Bloomfield, G., Xavier, D., Belis, D., Alam, D., Davis, P., Dorairaj, P., Ghannem, H., Gilman, R., Kamath, D., Kimaiyo, S., Levitt, N., Martinez, H., Mejicano, G., Miranda, J., Perez-Koehlmoos, T., Rabadan-Diehl, C., Ramirez-Zea, M., Rubinstein, A., Sacksteder, K., Steyn, K., Tandon, N., and Wolbach, T. (2016). Training and capacity building in LMIC for research in heart and lung diseases: The NHLBI–UnitedHealth Global Health Centers of Excellence program review. Global Heart, 11(1), 17-25. doi: 10.1016/j.gheart.2016.01.004 PMID: 27102019
- Engelgau, M.M., Sampson, U.K., Rabadan-Diehl, C., Smith, R., Miranda, J., Bloomfield, G., Belis, D., Narayan, K.M.V., and NHLBI–UnitedHealth Global Health Centers of Excellence Collaborative (2016). Tackling NCD in LMIC: Achievements and lessons learned from the NHLBI–UnitedHealth Global Health Centers of Excellence Program. Global Heart, 11(1), 5-15. doi: 10.1016/j.gheart.2015.12.016 PMID: 27102018
- Anderson, C.P., and Wolbach, T. (2019, May). Expediting new HIV therapy to the market through collaboration with a contract research organization (poster presenter). Society for Clinical Trials Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Dianis, N., and Wolbach, T. (2015, June). A practical application of the science of team science tenets = An integrated research team (invited panel presentation presenter). Science of Team Science Conference, Bethesda, MD.
- Dianis, N., and Wolbach, T. (2014, August). Cross-cultural science of team science: How to leverage global experience to augment clinical research (poster). Science of Team Science Conference, Austin, TX.
- Dianis, N., and Wolbach, T. (2011, August). Support and administration of the multi-site Global Health Initiative Program of Combating Non-Communicable Chronic Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Diseases in Developing Countries (poster). World Congress of Epidemiology, Edinburgh, Scotland.
BA, History, Illinois Wesleyan University