Walter Faig is a senior biostatistician with 6 years of experience in statistical inference as well as analytic approaches and data requirements. He conducts data cleaning and permuting and statistical evaluations. In current work, Dr. Faig provides summary information for quality assurance board reviews for thermoregulation initiatives focusing on time and duration patients in hypothermic state. His work includes bivariate analyses, ICC, regression analyses, trajectory analyses, and plots. In earlier project work, he has analyzed new opioid use guidelines, examined the effectiveness of learning interventions on child perception of skin disease, and performed all the exploratory variable analyses and the primary longitudinal regression analyses looking at association of Juvenile idiopathic arthritis and uveitis.
Dr. Faig has served as a clinical data analyst for Rush University Medical Center, where he worked with clinicians on study design and provided statistical inference and summary data for a host of research projects.
Dr. Faig is skilled with a wide variety of statistical and programming software and is conversant with Mandarin and German.
Publications and Presentations
- Kuter, B. J., Browne, S., Momplaisir, F. M., Feemster, K. A., Shen, A. K., Green-McKenzie, J., … & Offit, P. A. (2021). Perspectives on the receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine: A survey of employees in two large hospitals in Philadelphia. Vaccine, 39(12), 1693-1700.
- Momplaisir, F. M., Kuter, B. J., Ghadimi, F., Browne, S., Nkwihoreze, H., Feemster, K. A., … & Green-McKenzie, J. (2021). Racial/ethnic differences in COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy among health care workers in 2 large academic hospitals. JAMA Network Open, 4(8), e2121931-e2121931.
- Thompson, H., Faig, W., Gupta, N., Lahey, R., Golden, R., Pollack, M., & Karnik, N. (2019). Collaborative care for depression of adults and adolescents: measuring the effectiveness of screening and treatment uptake. Psychiatric services, 70(7), 604-607.
- Browne, S. K., Feemster, K. A., Shen, A. K., Green-McKenzie, J., Momplaisir, F. M., Faig, W., … & Kuter, B. J. (2021). Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine hesitancy among physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses in two academic hospitals in Philadelphia. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, 1-9.
- Thompson, H. M., Faig, W., VanKim, N. A., Sharma, B., Afshar, M., & Karnik, N. S. (2020). Differences in length of stay and discharge destination among patients with substance use disorders: The effect of Substance Use Intervention Team (SUIT) consultation service. PLoS One, 15(10), e0239761.
- Kline, C., Stoller, S., Byer, L., Samuel, D., Lupo, J. M., Morrison, M. A., … & Mueller, S. (2022). An Integrated Analysis of Clinical, Genomic, and Imaging Features Reveals Predictors of Neurocognitive Outcomes in a Longitudinal Cohort of Pediatric Cancer Survivors, Enriched with CNS Tumors (Rad ART Pro). Frontiers in Oncology, 12.
- DiLiberto, M. A., Zuppa, A. F., Cornetta, A., Faig, W., Scully, T., Bennett, A., … & Yerys, B. E. (2022). A natural history study of medical cannabis consumption in pediatric autism in the United States. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 96, 101994.
- Liebling, E. J., Faig, W., Chang, J. C., Mendoza, E., Moore, N., Vicioso, N. L., & Lerman, M. A. (2022). Temporal Relationship Between Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Disease Activity and Uveitis Disease Activity. Arthritis care & research, 74(3), 349-354.
- Proudfoot, J., Faig, W., Natarajan, L., & Xu, R. (2018). A joint marginal‐conditional model for multivariate longitudinal data. Statistics in medicine, 37(5), 813-828.
- Held, P., Boley, R. A., Faig, W. G., O’Toole, J. A., Desai, I., Zalta, A. K., … & Karnik, N. S. (2020). The Postencounter Form System: Viewpoint on Efficient Data Collection Within Electronic Health Records. JMIR formative research, 4(4), e17429.
PhD, Mathematics, University of California at San Diego
BS, Mathematics and Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign